We practice safe, competent surgery!
The doctors at Rivergate Veterinary Clinic utilize their knowledge and experience to improve the lives of pets and their families daily through surgery. We achieve the gold standard of care by performing thorough physical exams, bloodwork, and advanced monitoring during surgical procedures to make the general anesthesia as safe as possible. Our goal is to provide an environment and experience that is as low stress for your pet (and you!) as possible. We always strive to ensure that your pet remains as comfortable and pain free as possible before, during, and after surgery. Surgery is done on site at our facility by our staff doctors who perform general practice surgeries.
In addition to general private practice surgery performed by our resident doctors, Rivergate has a surgical team in place for more complex cases. We have board certified surgeons come to Rivergate to perform surgery if needed as we recognize that the skill required for surgery is different for each procedure and each pet’s individual needs.
Surgical services include but are not limited to:
General Practice Surgery
- Spays and neuters
- Wound repairs
- Soft tissue surgery (mass removals from all parts of the body)
- Eye surgery (third eyelid protrusion, mass removals, etc.)
- Dental cleaning and extractions
Board Certified Surgery
- Orthopedic surgery (medial patella luxation repair, cruciate repair, joint surgery)
- Airway/respiratory surgery (brachycephalic surgery)
- Advanced abdominal surgery (splenectomy, bladder surgery, mass removals)
- Oncologic Surgery
- Advanced soft tissue surgery
If your pet is in need of surgery, please feel free to come in for a consultation to decide the best option for your family.